Thursday, August 23, 2012

7 Days and Counting


I know it has been a while since I’ve been on here posting anything, but all of that is about to change. One of the greatest occasions of the year is approaching, and I can’t help but blab about it. Dragon Con is one week away. It is by far my favorite convention of the year. Unlike Comic Con, Dragon Con isn’t industry based. It is fan run and centers purely around the fan’s experience. One of the greatest aspects is that it takes place in five hotels located in downtown Atlanta. Because of this the con doesn’t just end each day at 7:00. Instead is lasts from Friday Morning until Monday night. Each evening offers crazy parties and concerts that last until dawn. Also, there are bars everywhere. This is probably why many people refer to it as party con. Seriously, it is the most fun weekend out of any year. Thousands of nerds from all genres gather together to drink and have fun. Generally, I hate crowds, but here everyone is so excited and happy to be there that they are able to keep and crowd from being super annoying. Have I mentioned that I’m super excited?

1 comment: