Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Little Candy Reminiscing

I don't know why, but earlier today I started thinking back on some of the candy I used to love as a kid. Some of it's still around, but sadly, others like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ice cream are no more.


The TMNT ice cream bars with bubble gum eye balls. I remember always getting these when we'd go to Murtle Beach in the summer.


Pop Rocks, still around and as crackling good as ever.


Candy Cigarettes, a classic. There really isn't anything that can compare to the satisfaction of making a perfect, grooved design in them with your teeth.


The Jawbreaker. It was always exciting to go to a candy store in the mall because they had these. I don't know if I actually ever finished one of the big ones.


I loved Slimer Gum. It came in a toothpaste-like tube. They said it was gum, but it never really seemed too chewy. I think I really just ate the stuff.


Bonkers gum. Nothing like an extra flavor boost!


Who would have thought dipping a candy stick into a pouch of flavored sugar would be so rewarding? I tried to eat some recently, but I just can't do heaps of sugar like a used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment